Monday 23 February 2015

A late Valentines Offering

This is a little add on post as I can't stop creating at the moment so decided to have a play with my new Lindy's try me set in red. The colours are amazing! You get two Starburst, one Moon Shadow Mist and a pot of Magicals. I decided on a tag and used a Ranger no. 8. I layered some pretty floral paper on the bottom and used my Tim Holtz Harlequin stencil and some texture paste to create some interest down one side. I then 'attacked, the tag with the red Lindy's products and aged the edges with Tim Holtz distress ink in 'Vintage Photo'. I coloured some white paper flowers from Hobby Craft and some trinkets from my stash with some of the red sprays and also Perfect Pearls Mist in 'Pewter'. Once I had stuck everything in place I highlighted some of the raised areas with the Magicals powder from the red set and also knocked back some of the colours with gesso and Ranger Liquid Pearls in 'Platinum Pearl'.








I have to say I'm not normally a pink kind of girl but I am loving this very feminine and romantic tag.  Looks like someone has the key to my heart :)

I would like to enter this into:

The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge - Think Pink

That's Crafty - Be My Valentine

Frosted Designs - Get Messy x2

Thanks for reading

B
X

15 comments:

  1. LOVING how this turned out!! Those beautiful pink/red hues really do look magical and those flowers look great all clustered together xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You say the sweetest things, but then you have to as your my friend and I wouldn't forgive you if you we're mean to me ;) xxx

      Delete
    2. Haha, I will always support you're lovely work and creative ideas... and besides, if I'm going down for being a craft addict I'm bringing you down with me, so I will actively encourage your 'habit'! hehe :) xx

      Delete
  2. So gorgeous!!!! Thanks for playing along with Frosted Designs!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie. Can't wait for the next challenge :)x

      Delete
  3. This is beautiful! I love the rich vibrant colors and elements! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous tag! Love the vibrant colors and textures - especially the key!! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori, the key was a random one from my stash. Let's hope I never find the lock that it belongs too! :)

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous tag! I'm loving all the rich colors and texture. Thanks so much for joining us at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is really stunning! i love those dark rich pinks and purples. Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel :) Lindy's do produce the most amazing colours.

      Delete